Sep 13, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
Monday Matt Barnes will be in a Sacramento court, facing changes in a domestic violence case.
Sunday night Barnes tweeted the photo you see here, with his sons. The caption read “Me & Isaiah learning the new triangle offense.”
The timing of the photos is not a coincidence.
Whether they accurately reflect Barnes’ family life, that’s up to you. Police arrested the new Laker after coming out to his home last Wednesday night. Police found both Barnes and his fiancé Gloria Govan injured, determined Barnes was the aggressor and arrested him. In California, police are nearly required to make an arrest in a case where there was clearly violence.
Both Barnes that night and Govan the next day said there was nothing to this. We will see Monday what the District Attorney thinks. That opinion determines the next steps for everyone.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars