Sep 13, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
Monday Matt Barnes will be in a Sacramento court, facing changes in a domestic violence case.
Sunday night Barnes tweeted the photo you see here, with his sons. The caption read “Me & Isaiah learning the new triangle offense.”
The timing of the photos is not a coincidence.
Whether they accurately reflect Barnes’ family life, that’s up to you. Police arrested the new Laker after coming out to his home last Wednesday night. Police found both Barnes and his fiancé Gloria Govan injured, determined Barnes was the aggressor and arrested him. In California, police are nearly required to make an arrest in a case where there was clearly violence.
Both Barnes that night and Govan the next day said there was nothing to this. We will see Monday what the District Attorney thinks. That opinion determines the next steps for everyone.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11