Sep 13, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
Monday Matt Barnes will be in a Sacramento court, facing changes in a domestic violence case.
Sunday night Barnes tweeted the photo you see here, with his sons. The caption read “Me & Isaiah learning the new triangle offense.”
The timing of the photos is not a coincidence.
Whether they accurately reflect Barnes’ family life, that’s up to you. Police arrested the new Laker after coming out to his home last Wednesday night. Police found both Barnes and his fiancé Gloria Govan injured, determined Barnes was the aggressor and arrested him. In California, police are nearly required to make an arrest in a case where there was clearly violence.
Both Barnes that night and Govan the next day said there was nothing to this. We will see Monday what the District Attorney thinks. That opinion determines the next steps for everyone.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20