Sep 13, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Not a real shock here, Michael Reinsdorf started to take on more of a role with the Bulls in the last couple years, but now it is official.
The team has announced that Michael — the son of owner Jerry Reinsdorf — will take over as team President and COO of the Bulls. This is a newly created position and he will oversee the business side of the operations. He also have been working with the Bulls for close to a decade, and is also a founding partner of International Facilities Group, a sports and business facilities company.
This really shouldn’t have much of an impact on the basketball side, where the chain of command is pretty clear and Jerry Reinsdorf makes the ultimate big calls.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 21
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 24
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 5