Sep 13, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Not a real shock here, Michael Reinsdorf started to take on more of a role with the Bulls in the last couple years, but now it is official.
The team has announced that Michael — the son of owner Jerry Reinsdorf — will take over as team President and COO of the Bulls. This is a newly created position and he will oversee the business side of the operations. He also have been working with the Bulls for close to a decade, and is also a founding partner of International Facilities Group, a sports and business facilities company.
This really shouldn’t have much of an impact on the basketball side, where the chain of command is pretty clear and Jerry Reinsdorf makes the ultimate big calls.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7