Sep 13, 2010, 2:52 PM EST
Not a real shock here, Michael Reinsdorf started to take on more of a role with the Bulls in the last couple years, but now it is official.
The team has announced that Michael — the son of owner Jerry Reinsdorf — will take over as team President and COO of the Bulls. This is a newly created position and he will oversee the business side of the operations. He also have been working with the Bulls for close to a decade, and is also a founding partner of International Facilities Group, a sports and business facilities company.
This really shouldn’t have much of an impact on the basketball side, where the chain of command is pretty clear and Jerry Reinsdorf makes the ultimate big calls.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29