Sep 13, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Not a real shock here, Michael Reinsdorf started to take on more of a role with the Bulls in the last couple years, but now it is official.
The team has announced that Michael — the son of owner Jerry Reinsdorf — will take over as team President and COO of the Bulls. This is a newly created position and he will oversee the business side of the operations. He also have been working with the Bulls for close to a decade, and is also a founding partner of International Facilities Group, a sports and business facilities company.
This really shouldn’t have much of an impact on the basketball side, where the chain of command is pretty clear and Jerry Reinsdorf makes the ultimate big calls.
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 1
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 26
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23