Sep 13, 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Not a real shock here, Michael Reinsdorf started to take on more of a role with the Bulls in the last couple years, but now it is official.
The team has announced that Michael — the son of owner Jerry Reinsdorf — will take over as team President and COO of the Bulls. This is a newly created position and he will oversee the business side of the operations. He also have been working with the Bulls for close to a decade, and is also a founding partner of International Facilities Group, a sports and business facilities company.
This really shouldn’t have much of an impact on the basketball side, where the chain of command is pretty clear and Jerry Reinsdorf makes the ultimate big calls.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10