Sep 13, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
Oh, LeBron. We know you’re not just a big walking ego. We get why you went to Miami and that you took less money to do it. We think the trio of you in Miami is going to work out. We’re not on board with the “hate all things LeBron” trend that seems to have swept parts of the Internet.
So please stop doing poorly thought out things that have us writing these types of stories.
LeBron James was not on the sidelines of the Ohio State thrashing of Miami Saturday, despite the fact he was expected. Why? Our sister blog at NBC Out of Bounds has the story, via the Cleveland Leader.
James reportedly asked Ohio State University’s Police Department for a full escort for his arrival at the Buckeyes vs. Hurricanes game on Saturday, but was rather quickly denied.
A source says that at best he’ll get one police officer to escort him, and that “he made his decision.”
So LeBron went back to St. Vincent-St. Mary football game instead. Which is kind of cool. But dude, if you don’t want to come off as a big walking ego, stop doing things that make you look like it. Please.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32