Sep 12, 2010, 9:13 PM EDT
Cheerleaders and dancers aren’t exactly given a lot of consideration in media. They are often overlooked as they are a cosmetic addition to the game, There’s a reason Red Auerbach fought their inclusion. But those women do work very hard at what they do, and considering their significant involvement at community events as part of the team’s outreach programs, sad news like this is relevant to bring you.
A Heat dancer was struck by a vehicle while on her motorcycle Friday night. Nancy Lopez-Ruiz was thrown from her cycle after a collision with a Mercedes whose driver is currently involved in a drunk driving investigation regarding the accident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
PBT’s thoughts are with Ms. Lopez-Ruiz’ family and the Heat organization.
- Klay Thompson says he expects to play next season with Warriors, not be traded 0
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 24
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 55
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19