Sep 12, 2010, 9:13 PM EDT
Cheerleaders and dancers aren’t exactly given a lot of consideration in media. They are often overlooked as they are a cosmetic addition to the game, There’s a reason Red Auerbach fought their inclusion. But those women do work very hard at what they do, and considering their significant involvement at community events as part of the team’s outreach programs, sad news like this is relevant to bring you.
A Heat dancer was struck by a vehicle while on her motorcycle Friday night. Nancy Lopez-Ruiz was thrown from her cycle after a collision with a Mercedes whose driver is currently involved in a drunk driving investigation regarding the accident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
PBT’s thoughts are with Ms. Lopez-Ruiz’ family and the Heat organization.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8