Sep 12, 2010, 9:13 PM EST
Cheerleaders and dancers aren’t exactly given a lot of consideration in media. They are often overlooked as they are a cosmetic addition to the game, There’s a reason Red Auerbach fought their inclusion. But those women do work very hard at what they do, and considering their significant involvement at community events as part of the team’s outreach programs, sad news like this is relevant to bring you.
A Heat dancer was struck by a vehicle while on her motorcycle Friday night. Nancy Lopez-Ruiz was thrown from her cycle after a collision with a Mercedes whose driver is currently involved in a drunk driving investigation regarding the accident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
PBT’s thoughts are with Ms. Lopez-Ruiz’ family and the Heat organization.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 0
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31