Sep 12, 2010, 9:13 PM EST
Cheerleaders and dancers aren’t exactly given a lot of consideration in media. They are often overlooked as they are a cosmetic addition to the game, There’s a reason Red Auerbach fought their inclusion. But those women do work very hard at what they do, and considering their significant involvement at community events as part of the team’s outreach programs, sad news like this is relevant to bring you.
A Heat dancer was struck by a vehicle while on her motorcycle Friday night. Nancy Lopez-Ruiz was thrown from her cycle after a collision with a Mercedes whose driver is currently involved in a drunk driving investigation regarding the accident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
PBT’s thoughts are with Ms. Lopez-Ruiz’ family and the Heat organization.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13