Sep 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
When Joe Lacob and Peter Guber won the bid for the Warriors, immediately, talk started of how the Warriors could face changes in the front office and especially, coaching situations. There’s been conflicting reports about the future of Don Nelson, with some Most importantly, Kawakami reports that no decision will be made about Nelson until Lacob and Nelson meet, and there’s no timetable for that meeting. Kawakami projects this may cast some doubt on whether Nelson will remain, due to the new ownership accepting the extension of team president Robert Rowell prior to the sale, though no official decision has been made regarding Rowell. However, with every day that passes before such a meeting, and with the new ownership unlikely to be approved by the NBA Board of Governors before mid-October, the odds of Nelson staying this season increase.
The new ownership likely won’t be approved until two weeks into training camp, which isn’t exactly a great time to whip the ship in a different direction.
There are a lot of decisions for the new ownership to make, and a lot of sticky situations to resolve. But the timing may simply not allow for them to get going in the direction they really want this season. The winds of change are going to come. But they’re not gusting yet.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 40
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20