Sep 11, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
When Joe Lacob and Peter Guber won the bid for the Warriors, immediately, talk started of how the Warriors could face changes in the front office and especially, coaching situations. There’s been conflicting reports about the future of Don Nelson, with some Most importantly, Kawakami reports that no decision will be made about Nelson until Lacob and Nelson meet, and there’s no timetable for that meeting. Kawakami projects this may cast some doubt on whether Nelson will remain, due to the new ownership accepting the extension of team president Robert Rowell prior to the sale, though no official decision has been made regarding Rowell. However, with every day that passes before such a meeting, and with the new ownership unlikely to be approved by the NBA Board of Governors before mid-October, the odds of Nelson staying this season increase.
The new ownership likely won’t be approved until two weeks into training camp, which isn’t exactly a great time to whip the ship in a different direction.
There are a lot of decisions for the new ownership to make, and a lot of sticky situations to resolve. But the timing may simply not allow for them to get going in the direction they really want this season. The winds of change are going to come. But they’re not gusting yet.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24