Sep 11, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
The Bulls remade their team this summer, but every time a big name comes up that isn’t a point guard, their name pops into the trade rumors. A contending team in a big market tends to attract a lot of attention, and the situation with Carmelo Anthony is no exception. But how does the Bulls’ cornerstone, Derrick Rose, feel about the whole situation popping up on the blogs and in ink?
NBA FanHouse’s Chris Tommasson spoke with Rose in Turkey during Team USA Practice for their semifinal match against Lithuania, and Rose thinks he’s got the guys he’s going into battle with this year, and he’s fine with that.
“Right now, I think that we have our team (in order for the season),” Rose said. “If it was something like (a trade for Anthony), I would have heard it (was close) or somebody would have called me. Nobody has called me yet.”
It’s fine for Rose to like the team he has. It’s a good one, maybe even a great one. But I do have one quibble. Most major trades that have gone down over the years have gone down without the players’ on those team’s knowledge, even their cornerstones. The tip top guys are likely involved in those discussions, but with Rose overseas, if the Bulls saw an opportunity, they wouldn’t be clearing it with Rose before they pulled the trigger.
Rose is a star. He’s not that kind of star. Not yet.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 12
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 21
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29