Sep 11, 2010, 3:16 AM EDT
Call it informal and unplanned all you want, it’s a step forward and a good sign.
Andrew Bogut got some run in some 5-on-5 drills with teammates at the Cousins Center in St. Francis (where all the cool Bucks players are working out these days). He told the Journal Sentinel that he needs some conditioning but is feeling pretty good.
”I still feel it’s going to be a long process for me, but I’ve already been scrimmaging here the last couple days,” Bogut said after the workout. “Obviously if I take a huge hit I might be in some trouble for now.
“I’m still wary of it but for the most part I feel good. Conditioning and everything is coming. My arm is getting better and better every day. It’s just a very long process to bounce back from this injury.
“For a general tradesman, or if a general person does this, it is a six- to 12-month thing. It’s never an easy thing if you break three things on one spot on your body. I did my rehab every day during the summer in Australia and Croatia and stayed disciplined with it five days a week.”
Bogut still doesn’t have full extension in his elbow and of course there could be set backs. But there have been concerns he could miss the start of the season, this would seem to indicate he is ahead of schedule. He may miss part of training camp — I’m sure he’d be crushed — but if he is back Oct. 27 the Bucks are a much better team.
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 12
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 17
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 26
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful