Sep 11, 2010, 3:16 AM EDT
Call it informal and unplanned all you want, it’s a step forward and a good sign.
Andrew Bogut got some run in some 5-on-5 drills with teammates at the Cousins Center in St. Francis (where all the cool Bucks players are working out these days). He told the Journal Sentinel that he needs some conditioning but is feeling pretty good.
“I still feel it’s going to be a long process for me, but I’ve already been scrimmaging here the last couple days,” Bogut said after the workout. “Obviously if I take a huge hit I might be in some trouble for now.
“I’m still wary of it but for the most part I feel good. Conditioning and everything is coming. My arm is getting better and better every day. It’s just a very long process to bounce back from this injury.
“For a general tradesman, or if a general person does this, it is a six- to 12-month thing. It’s never an easy thing if you break three things on one spot on your body. I did my rehab every day during the summer in Australia and Croatia and stayed disciplined with it five days a week.”
Bogut still doesn’t have full extension in his elbow and of course there could be set backs. But there have been concerns he could miss the start of the season, this would seem to indicate he is ahead of schedule. He may miss part of training camp — I’m sure he’d be crushed — but if he is back Oct. 27 the Bucks are a much better team.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37