Sep 11, 2010, 3:16 AM EDT
Call it informal and unplanned all you want, it’s a step forward and a good sign.
Andrew Bogut got some run in some 5-on-5 drills with teammates at the Cousins Center in St. Francis (where all the cool Bucks players are working out these days). He told the Journal Sentinel that he needs some conditioning but is feeling pretty good.
“I still feel it’s going to be a long process for me, but I’ve already been scrimmaging here the last couple days,” Bogut said after the workout. “Obviously if I take a huge hit I might be in some trouble for now.
“I’m still wary of it but for the most part I feel good. Conditioning and everything is coming. My arm is getting better and better every day. It’s just a very long process to bounce back from this injury.
“For a general tradesman, or if a general person does this, it is a six- to 12-month thing. It’s never an easy thing if you break three things on one spot on your body. I did my rehab every day during the summer in Australia and Croatia and stayed disciplined with it five days a week.”
Bogut still doesn’t have full extension in his elbow and of course there could be set backs. But there have been concerns he could miss the start of the season, this would seem to indicate he is ahead of schedule. He may miss part of training camp — I’m sure he’d be crushed — but if he is back Oct. 27 the Bucks are a much better team.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 18
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17