Sep 11, 2010, 3:16 AM EDT
Call it informal and unplanned all you want, it’s a step forward and a good sign.
Andrew Bogut got some run in some 5-on-5 drills with teammates at the Cousins Center in St. Francis (where all the cool Bucks players are working out these days). He told the Journal Sentinel that he needs some conditioning but is feeling pretty good.
“I still feel it’s going to be a long process for me, but I’ve already been scrimmaging here the last couple days,” Bogut said after the workout. “Obviously if I take a huge hit I might be in some trouble for now.
“I’m still wary of it but for the most part I feel good. Conditioning and everything is coming. My arm is getting better and better every day. It’s just a very long process to bounce back from this injury.
“For a general tradesman, or if a general person does this, it is a six- to 12-month thing. It’s never an easy thing if you break three things on one spot on your body. I did my rehab every day during the summer in Australia and Croatia and stayed disciplined with it five days a week.”
Bogut still doesn’t have full extension in his elbow and of course there could be set backs. But there have been concerns he could miss the start of the season, this would seem to indicate he is ahead of schedule. He may miss part of training camp — I’m sure he’d be crushed — but if he is back Oct. 27 the Bucks are a much better team.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11