Sep 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
This is how the legend ends. Not with a bang, but with a contract in freaking China, playing against Stephon Marbury.
Allen Iverson, former MVP, former Finals competitor, former NBA All-Star, may be headed to China, according to Hoops Market.
There’s been no word from Iverson about whether he’s accept playing in China, but his NBA prospects certainly have come up short. There’s been no word of any team interested in Iverson for months. He’s dropped off the radar nearly everywhere, to the point you have to wonder if there’s something more going on here. Besides, you know, the age, ego, and the fact that he abandoned one team last season (the Grizzlies) and had to leave another for a personal family issue with his daughter (which was understandable, but complicated by a party promotion that came out during the same time featuring him).
Not that there’s anything wrong with the CBA, but it’s just such a step down from the NBA. But Iverson’s skillset simply doesn’t lend itself to contributing as he gets older. Unless a team finds themselves in a real spot, this may be Iverson’s only option to play basketball professionally this season. And that’s just depressing.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2