Sep 11, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
This is how the legend ends. Not with a bang, but with a contract in freaking China, playing against Stephon Marbury.
Allen Iverson, former MVP, former Finals competitor, former NBA All-Star, may be headed to China, according to Hoops Market.
There’s been no word from Iverson about whether he’s accept playing in China, but his NBA prospects certainly have come up short. There’s been no word of any team interested in Iverson for months. He’s dropped off the radar nearly everywhere, to the point you have to wonder if there’s something more going on here. Besides, you know, the age, ego, and the fact that he abandoned one team last season (the Grizzlies) and had to leave another for a personal family issue with his daughter (which was understandable, but complicated by a party promotion that came out during the same time featuring him).
Not that there’s anything wrong with the CBA, but it’s just such a step down from the NBA. But Iverson’s skillset simply doesn’t lend itself to contributing as he gets older. Unless a team finds themselves in a real spot, this may be Iverson’s only option to play basketball professionally this season. And that’s just depressing.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 0
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 14
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19