Sep 10, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Here’s a quick piece of info for fans of both the NBA and cartoons, courtesy of the Dallas Morning News’ Eddie Sefko:
Maybe acting isn’t in his future, but Dirk Nowitzki knows he can at least lend his voice to the small-screen for animated greatness.Nowitzki will have a voice-over role in “The Cleveland Show” which airs Sundays on Fox. The date of the episode that will feature Dirk, Kevin Garnett, LeBron James , Steve Nash and others from the NBA is unknown, but that show will feature the main characters (Cleveland and Donna) scoring courtside tickets to the All-Star Game in Los Angeles. They heckle the players, who then seek revenge by paying a surprise visit to Cleveland to put him in his place.The season premiere is Sept. 26 at 7:30 p.m.
So a bunch of NBA players, including LeBron James, are going to visit Cleveland in order to get revenge on him for heckling. Innocent cartoon show, or a preview of what will happen to those unfortunate souls in LeBron’s mental notebook? You be the judge.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31