Sep 10, 2010, 4:22 AM EST
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Joe Smith is expected to take a physical and sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets on Friday.
The former #1 pick appeared in 64 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season, and averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in 9.3 minutes per game.
The 35-year old Smith never lived up to his #1 overall pick billing, but he’s a solid rebounder and mid-range shooter, a savvy veteran, and a great locker-room presence.
Smith has previously played for the Warriors, 76ers, Timberwolves, Pistons, Bucks, Nuggets, Bulls, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Hawks.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 2
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 10
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 10
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld