Sep 10, 2010, 4:22 AM EST
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Joe Smith is expected to take a physical and sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets on Friday.
The former #1 pick appeared in 64 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season, and averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in 9.3 minutes per game.
The 35-year old Smith never lived up to his #1 overall pick billing, but he’s a solid rebounder and mid-range shooter, a savvy veteran, and a great locker-room presence.
Smith has previously played for the Warriors, 76ers, Timberwolves, Pistons, Bucks, Nuggets, Bulls, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Hawks.
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld