Sep 10, 2010, 4:22 AM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Joe Smith is expected to take a physical and sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets on Friday.
The former #1 pick appeared in 64 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season, and averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in 9.3 minutes per game.
The 35-year old Smith never lived up to his #1 overall pick billing, but he’s a solid rebounder and mid-range shooter, a savvy veteran, and a great locker-room presence.
Smith has previously played for the Warriors, 76ers, Timberwolves, Pistons, Bucks, Nuggets, Bulls, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Hawks.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld