Sep 10, 2010, 4:22 AM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Joe Smith is expected to take a physical and sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets on Friday.
The former #1 pick appeared in 64 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season, and averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in 9.3 minutes per game.
The 35-year old Smith never lived up to his #1 overall pick billing, but he’s a solid rebounder and mid-range shooter, a savvy veteran, and a great locker-room presence.
Smith has previously played for the Warriors, 76ers, Timberwolves, Pistons, Bucks, Nuggets, Bulls, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Hawks.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld