Sep 10, 2010, 4:22 AM EST
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Joe Smith is expected to take a physical and sign a contract with the New Jersey Nets on Friday.
The former #1 pick appeared in 64 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season, and averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game in 9.3 minutes per game.
The 35-year old Smith never lived up to his #1 overall pick billing, but he’s a solid rebounder and mid-range shooter, a savvy veteran, and a great locker-room presence.
Smith has previously played for the Warriors, 76ers, Timberwolves, Pistons, Bucks, Nuggets, Bulls, Cavaliers, Thunder, and Hawks.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 5
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 22
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld