Sep 10, 2010, 3:27 PM EST
Darius Miles is getting another look from another team.
This time it’s the Charlotte Bobcats, who have signed him to a make-good contract and invited him to their training camp. The Bobcats had brought him in for a workout in June but waited until now to act (a sign they weren’t in love with him, they didn’t quickly try to lock him up). The Spurs also recently worked him out.
Miles was the No. 3 pick overall back in 2000 by the Clippers, a rangy young player with promising game, whose penchant for getting caught with marijuana hurt his reputation then suffered as his body betrayed him over the years. He’s had multiple microfracture surgeries and there are questions about his knees and how well he can move anymore.
The Bobcats roster isn’t totally settled (they have yet to waive or trade Erick Dampier) so there is a possible spot, but Miles is really going to have to blow some doors off in camp to earn it. Still, it’s a chance.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 30
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 3
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 30
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10