Sep 10, 2010, 3:27 PM EST
Darius Miles is getting another look from another team.
This time it’s the Charlotte Bobcats, who have signed him to a make-good contract and invited him to their training camp. The Bobcats had brought him in for a workout in June but waited until now to act (a sign they weren’t in love with him, they didn’t quickly try to lock him up). The Spurs also recently worked him out.
Miles was the No. 3 pick overall back in 2000 by the Clippers, a rangy young player with promising game, whose penchant for getting caught with marijuana hurt his reputation then suffered as his body betrayed him over the years. He’s had multiple microfracture surgeries and there are questions about his knees and how well he can move anymore.
The Bobcats roster isn’t totally settled (they have yet to waive or trade Erick Dampier) so there is a possible spot, but Miles is really going to have to blow some doors off in camp to earn it. Still, it’s a chance.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17