Sep 10, 2010, 10:51 AM EDT
Ah, the joys of language.
A Russian player accused the USA’s Rudy Gay of calling them… well, Chris Sheridan from ESPN has the story.
“He say in Russian a bad word. I don’t know how he know this. I won’t even translate it. It’s bad,” said Russian forward Andrey Vorontsevich, who got yelled at by Iguodala after being a little too physical with Lamar Odom.
“All I said was, ‘watch it, watch it,'” Iguodala said, bewildered. “I don’t speak any Russian.”
Apparently (according to bilingual Russian journalist Vladimir Gomelsky of NTV+, the Russian all-sports cable network), if you say, “watch it, watch it” fast enough, it can be misconstrued as the Russian euphemism for a female canine.
Technically, the Russians were the USA’s female dogs. Still, not nice to remind them of it.
Now for some lessons in insulting people in Lithuanian…
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13