Sep 9, 2010, 12:37 AM EDT
Here’s the AP Report on the incident:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Police are investigating a possible hate crime after a swastika was painted on a mural depicting a Jewish player for the Sacramento Kings.Police say they received a report of the backward swastika painted on a mural of Omri Casspi, the only NBA player born in Israel, in the midtown area about noon Wednesday.The incident comes just hours before the start of Rosh Hashanah, the observance of the Jewish new year.
Sometimes there just aren’t words. This was obviously a despicable action, and hopefully whoever vandalized Casspi’s poster will be caught and forced to explain their actions. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences; here’s hoping somebody learns that soon, whether the consequences end up being of the legal nature or simply having people know he, she, or they did this for the rest of their lives.
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23