Sep 9, 2010, 12:37 AM EDT
Here’s the AP Report on the incident:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Police are investigating a possible hate crime after a swastika was painted on a mural depicting a Jewish player for the Sacramento Kings.Police say they received a report of the backward swastika painted on a mural of Omri Casspi, the only NBA player born in Israel, in the midtown area about noon Wednesday.The incident comes just hours before the start of Rosh Hashanah, the observance of the Jewish new year.
Sometimes there just aren’t words. This was obviously a despicable action, and hopefully whoever vandalized Casspi’s poster will be caught and forced to explain their actions. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences; here’s hoping somebody learns that soon, whether the consequences end up being of the legal nature or simply having people know he, she, or they did this for the rest of their lives.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 0
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 7
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4