Sep 9, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
According to Brian T. Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune, the Utah Jazz have reached an agreement with veteran center Francisco Elson:
The Utah Jazz are expected to soon sign veteran center Francisco Elson.Calvin Andrews, Elson’s agent, said Thursday an agreement has been reached in principle for a guaranteed contract for an undisclosed duration. Elson, who is in the Netherlands, must complete a physical before the deal is finalized.“I’m glad it worked out,” Andrews said. “I’m glad for Francisco, and I’m glad for the Jazz…”Andrews said Elson is in “incredible” shape and has the body of a 28 year old. If he signs with the Jazz, he will help fill in for center Mehmet Okur, who is recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon. Elson will be expected to contribute 10-15 minutes per game, solidfying Utah’s post game and spreading defenses with his mid-range shooting.
The 34-year old Elson, a Dutch Native, played in a combined 12 games for the Bucks and 76ers last season. He has averaged 3.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and .6 blocks per game over the course of his NBA career.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 0
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10