Sep 9, 2010, 5:18 PM EST
According to Brian T. Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune, the Utah Jazz have reached an agreement with veteran center Francisco Elson:
The Utah Jazz are expected to soon sign veteran center Francisco Elson.Calvin Andrews, Elson’s agent, said Thursday an agreement has been reached in principle for a guaranteed contract for an undisclosed duration. Elson, who is in the Netherlands, must complete a physical before the deal is finalized.“I’m glad it worked out,” Andrews said. “I’m glad for Francisco, and I’m glad for the Jazz…”Andrews said Elson is in “incredible” shape and has the body of a 28 year old. If he signs with the Jazz, he will help fill in for center Mehmet Okur, who is recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon. Elson will be expected to contribute 10-15 minutes per game, solidfying Utah’s post game and spreading defenses with his mid-range shooting.
The 34-year old Elson, a Dutch Native, played in a combined 12 games for the Bucks and 76ers last season. He has averaged 3.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and .6 blocks per game over the course of his NBA career.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 0
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 7
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 41
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54