Sep 9, 2010, 5:18 PM EST
According to Brian T. Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune, the Utah Jazz have reached an agreement with veteran center Francisco Elson:
The Utah Jazz are expected to soon sign veteran center Francisco Elson.Calvin Andrews, Elson’s agent, said Thursday an agreement has been reached in principle for a guaranteed contract for an undisclosed duration. Elson, who is in the Netherlands, must complete a physical before the deal is finalized.“I’m glad it worked out,” Andrews said. “I’m glad for Francisco, and I’m glad for the Jazz…”Andrews said Elson is in “incredible” shape and has the body of a 28 year old. If he signs with the Jazz, he will help fill in for center Mehmet Okur, who is recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon. Elson will be expected to contribute 10-15 minutes per game, solidfying Utah’s post game and spreading defenses with his mid-range shooting.
The 34-year old Elson, a Dutch Native, played in a combined 12 games for the Bucks and 76ers last season. He has averaged 3.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and .6 blocks per game over the course of his NBA career.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)