Sep 9, 2010, 5:18 PM EDT
According to Brian T. Smith of the Salt Lake Tribune, the Utah Jazz have reached an agreement with veteran center Francisco Elson:
The Utah Jazz are expected to soon sign veteran center Francisco Elson.Calvin Andrews, Elson’s agent, said Thursday an agreement has been reached in principle for a guaranteed contract for an undisclosed duration. Elson, who is in the Netherlands, must complete a physical before the deal is finalized.“I’m glad it worked out,” Andrews said. “I’m glad for Francisco, and I’m glad for the Jazz…”Andrews said Elson is in “incredible” shape and has the body of a 28 year old. If he signs with the Jazz, he will help fill in for center Mehmet Okur, who is recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon. Elson will be expected to contribute 10-15 minutes per game, solidfying Utah’s post game and spreading defenses with his mid-range shooting.
The 34-year old Elson, a Dutch Native, played in a combined 12 games for the Bucks and 76ers last season. He has averaged 3.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, and .6 blocks per game over the course of his NBA career.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13