Sep 9, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
A court case with lawyers arguing and a judge deciding where two children should live is nobody’s idea of a good situation.
But it’s the one Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Wade found themselves in yesterday. Custody of the twin boys is the latest step in a nasty divorce between the two.
As is the case in children’s custody cases, a lawyer is assigned to represent the children’s interest, and in this case that person, Lester Barclay, recommends custody be given to Dwyane, as reported by the Associated Press.
“At trial it is my intention, based on the best interests of my clients, the minor children … to be with” Dwyane Wade, Barclay wrote.
He does outline a situation where the children end up with Siohvaughn, but that involves her getting “extensive therapy.”
The children are currently in Dwyane’s custody. Due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah the trial will resume next week.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50