Sep 9, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
A court case with lawyers arguing and a judge deciding where two children should live is nobody’s idea of a good situation.
But it’s the one Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Wade found themselves in yesterday. Custody of the twin boys is the latest step in a nasty divorce between the two.
As is the case in children’s custody cases, a lawyer is assigned to represent the children’s interest, and in this case that person, Lester Barclay, recommends custody be given to Dwyane, as reported by the Associated Press.
“At trial it is my intention, based on the best interests of my clients, the minor children … to be with” Dwyane Wade, Barclay wrote.
He does outline a situation where the children end up with Siohvaughn, but that involves her getting “extensive therapy.”
The children are currently in Dwyane’s custody. Due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah the trial will resume next week.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70