Sep 9, 2010, 11:03 AM EST
A court case with lawyers arguing and a judge deciding where two children should live is nobody’s idea of a good situation.
But it’s the one Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Wade found themselves in yesterday. Custody of the twin boys is the latest step in a nasty divorce between the two.
As is the case in children’s custody cases, a lawyer is assigned to represent the children’s interest, and in this case that person, Lester Barclay, recommends custody be given to Dwyane, as reported by the Associated Press.
“At trial it is my intention, based on the best interests of my clients, the minor children … to be with” Dwyane Wade, Barclay wrote.
He does outline a situation where the children end up with Siohvaughn, but that involves her getting “extensive therapy.”
The children are currently in Dwyane’s custody. Due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah the trial will resume next week.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 26
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7