Sep 9, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
A court case with lawyers arguing and a judge deciding where two children should live is nobody’s idea of a good situation.
But it’s the one Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Wade found themselves in yesterday. Custody of the twin boys is the latest step in a nasty divorce between the two.
As is the case in children’s custody cases, a lawyer is assigned to represent the children’s interest, and in this case that person, Lester Barclay, recommends custody be given to Dwyane, as reported by the Associated Press.
“At trial it is my intention, based on the best interests of my clients, the minor children … to be with” Dwyane Wade, Barclay wrote.
He does outline a situation where the children end up with Siohvaughn, but that involves her getting “extensive therapy.”
The children are currently in Dwyane’s custody. Due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah the trial will resume next week.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36