Sep 9, 2010, 11:03 AM EST
A court case with lawyers arguing and a judge deciding where two children should live is nobody’s idea of a good situation.
But it’s the one Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Wade found themselves in yesterday. Custody of the twin boys is the latest step in a nasty divorce between the two.
As is the case in children’s custody cases, a lawyer is assigned to represent the children’s interest, and in this case that person, Lester Barclay, recommends custody be given to Dwyane, as reported by the Associated Press.
“At trial it is my intention, based on the best interests of my clients, the minor children … to be with” Dwyane Wade, Barclay wrote.
He does outline a situation where the children end up with Siohvaughn, but that involves her getting “extensive therapy.”
The children are currently in Dwyane’s custody. Due to the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah the trial will resume next week.
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 0
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 32
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6