Sep 8, 2010, 8:21 AM EDT
At least he was wearing a helmet…
Ron Artest was pulled over recently for driving an Eagle Roadster on the streets of Los Angeles, according to TMZ (which has a photo of the incident).
An Eagle Roadster is a customized, street legal, two-seater (inline) car designed to look like an open-wheel Indy Car (see the photo on the right). They can do up to 152 MPH and go 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds, all powered by a Chrysler V6.
Police pulled over Artest because the registration on this one had expired — and it wasn’t even Artest’s, it belongs to a man in Tennessee.
Artest was polite and smiling throughout getting the citation, according to the report.
The good news was this was a cool, open-wheel Indy Car looking thing and not some NASCAR rip off. The world does not need more NASCAR.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31