Sep 8, 2010, 8:21 AM EDT
At least he was wearing a helmet…
Ron Artest was pulled over recently for driving an Eagle Roadster on the streets of Los Angeles, according to TMZ (which has a photo of the incident).
An Eagle Roadster is a customized, street legal, two-seater (inline) car designed to look like an open-wheel Indy Car (see the photo on the right). They can do up to 152 MPH and go 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds, all powered by a Chrysler V6.
Police pulled over Artest because the registration on this one had expired — and it wasn’t even Artest’s, it belongs to a man in Tennessee.
Artest was polite and smiling throughout getting the citation, according to the report.
The good news was this was a cool, open-wheel Indy Car looking thing and not some NASCAR rip off. The world does not need more NASCAR.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2