Sep 8, 2010, 8:21 AM EDT
At least he was wearing a helmet…
Ron Artest was pulled over recently for driving an Eagle Roadster on the streets of Los Angeles, according to TMZ (which has a photo of the incident).
An Eagle Roadster is a customized, street legal, two-seater (inline) car designed to look like an open-wheel Indy Car (see the photo on the right). They can do up to 152 MPH and go 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds, all powered by a Chrysler V6.
Police pulled over Artest because the registration on this one had expired — and it wasn’t even Artest’s, it belongs to a man in Tennessee.
Artest was polite and smiling throughout getting the citation, according to the report.
The good news was this was a cool, open-wheel Indy Car looking thing and not some NASCAR rip off. The world does not need more NASCAR.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23