Sep 8, 2010, 8:45 AM EST
Antawn Jamison is doing it right — if your going to get in some summer tournament action in to have some fun, do the one in Paris.
Jamison was in the City of Lights for “NBA 5 United” basketball tournament organized by Adidas, and there Hoopnotes.com caught up with him and talked with him about his time with the Cavaliers.
I arrived in Cleveland and tried to adapt myself, to melt myself in the collective. And then there was the elimination in the playoffs while we were there favorites and we realized that the chemistry was not good in the team. After that you ask yourself lots of questions, you think on how to come back stronger the following season.
Those questions are sort of moot now, Cleveland is going to have issues.
But combine his comment on chemistry with what Shaquille O’Neal said about guys being concerned about who was getting how many shots and you start to get the picture. You can be sure that Boston and the Lakers were not thinking like that.
As for this upcoming season…
In my case, [coach Byron Scott] expects me to be a leader on the field and that’s what I want to be. His systems suited me well. It will be close to what that were put in place in Washington on the offensive side. This year we will seek to progress as a team and we have the right coach for this.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 5
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 11