Sep 8, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
Nick the Quick is a coach.
The Atlanta Hawks tweeted out the information Wednesday, that Nick Van Exel was being brought in as a Player Development Instructor.
He’s got cred — no other Hawk had his name dropped in a Jay-Z song. He left an impression because he played with style and swagger. He had the smooth lefty shot and sweet handles.
Probably don’t want to teach that 18-foot free throw, though. (Van Exel stood a couple feet behind the line on free throws, and as he was a career 79.4 percent free throw shooter nobody stopped him.)
I like the idea of injecting a little Nick Van Exel in Jeff Teague’s game. That would be huge for the Hawks. Bottom line, just good to see him back in the league.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 19
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 54
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46