Sep 8, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
Nick the Quick is a coach.
The Atlanta Hawks tweeted out the information Wednesday, that Nick Van Exel was being brought in as a Player Development Instructor.
He’s got cred — no other Hawk had his name dropped in a Jay-Z song. He left an impression because he played with style and swagger. He had the smooth lefty shot and sweet handles.
Probably don’t want to teach that 18-foot free throw, though. (Van Exel stood a couple feet behind the line on free throws, and as he was a career 79.4 percent free throw shooter nobody stopped him.)
I like the idea of injecting a little Nick Van Exel in Jeff Teague’s game. That would be huge for the Hawks. Bottom line, just good to see him back in the league.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31