Sep 8, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
Nick the Quick is a coach.
The Atlanta Hawks tweeted out the information Wednesday, that Nick Van Exel was being brought in as a Player Development Instructor.
He’s got cred — no other Hawk had his name dropped in a Jay-Z song. He left an impression because he played with style and swagger. He had the smooth lefty shot and sweet handles.
Probably don’t want to teach that 18-foot free throw, though. (Van Exel stood a couple feet behind the line on free throws, and as he was a career 79.4 percent free throw shooter nobody stopped him.)
I like the idea of injecting a little Nick Van Exel in Jeff Teague’s game. That would be huge for the Hawks. Bottom line, just good to see him back in the league.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25