Sep 8, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
Nick the Quick is a coach.
The Atlanta Hawks tweeted out the information Wednesday, that Nick Van Exel was being brought in as a Player Development Instructor.
He’s got cred — no other Hawk had his name dropped in a Jay-Z song. He left an impression because he played with style and swagger. He had the smooth lefty shot and sweet handles.
Probably don’t want to teach that 18-foot free throw, though. (Van Exel stood a couple feet behind the line on free throws, and as he was a career 79.4 percent free throw shooter nobody stopped him.)
I like the idea of injecting a little Nick Van Exel in Jeff Teague’s game. That would be huge for the Hawks. Bottom line, just good to see him back in the league.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 37
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12