Sep 8, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Looking for some depth at the forward spot, Golden State is expected to sign Rodney Carney today, and will bring Jeff Adrien into camp, according to reports.
Carney was an expected signing, the Warriors have been in talks with him for weeks. Ink will hit paper on a deal today, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Financial details were not released, but you can be sure it was for the league minimum.
Carney was in Philadelphia last season playing 12 minutes a game (in 68 games) scoring just under four points a game. He’s athletic but could never break deep into the rotation in Philly, which is not really a great sign as they were pretty weak on the wings. Still, Golden State and its up-and-down system may be a better fit, so he gets a chance.
Former UConn Husky Jeff Adrien also is getting a chance, being signed by the Warriors, according to Sham Sports. Again no details, but you can bet this is a make-good deal.
Adrien played for Memphis in the Summer League in Vegas and was solid, scoring 6.5 per game and using his body well on the boards. Unlike Carney, Adrien has more of a four type game, but being 6’7″ he is undersized for that role in the NBA.
The wise in the ways of the world Scott Schroeder of Ridiculous Upside has written about how Adrien would be a good fit in the D-League. Which may be where he starts, develops his game and finds out if he can make it at the next level.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 31
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 55
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4