Sep 8, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Looking for some depth at the forward spot, Golden State is expected to sign Rodney Carney today, and will bring Jeff Adrien into camp, according to reports.
Carney was an expected signing, the Warriors have been in talks with him for weeks. Ink will hit paper on a deal today, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Financial details were not released, but you can be sure it was for the league minimum.
Carney was in Philadelphia last season playing 12 minutes a game (in 68 games) scoring just under four points a game. He’s athletic but could never break deep into the rotation in Philly, which is not really a great sign as they were pretty weak on the wings. Still, Golden State and its up-and-down system may be a better fit, so he gets a chance.
Former UConn Husky Jeff Adrien also is getting a chance, being signed by the Warriors, according to Sham Sports. Again no details, but you can bet this is a make-good deal.
Adrien played for Memphis in the Summer League in Vegas and was solid, scoring 6.5 per game and using his body well on the boards. Unlike Carney, Adrien has more of a four type game, but being 6’7″ he is undersized for that role in the NBA.
The wise in the ways of the world Scott Schroeder of Ridiculous Upside has written about how Adrien would be a good fit in the D-League. Which may be where he starts, develops his game and finds out if he can make it at the next level.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18