Sep 8, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Looking for some depth at the forward spot, Golden State is expected to sign Rodney Carney today, and will bring Jeff Adrien into camp, according to reports.
Carney was an expected signing, the Warriors have been in talks with him for weeks. Ink will hit paper on a deal today, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Financial details were not released, but you can be sure it was for the league minimum.
Carney was in Philadelphia last season playing 12 minutes a game (in 68 games) scoring just under four points a game. He’s athletic but could never break deep into the rotation in Philly, which is not really a great sign as they were pretty weak on the wings. Still, Golden State and its up-and-down system may be a better fit, so he gets a chance.
Former UConn Husky Jeff Adrien also is getting a chance, being signed by the Warriors, according to Sham Sports. Again no details, but you can bet this is a make-good deal.
Adrien played for Memphis in the Summer League in Vegas and was solid, scoring 6.5 per game and using his body well on the boards. Unlike Carney, Adrien has more of a four type game, but being 6’7″ he is undersized for that role in the NBA.
The wise in the ways of the world Scott Schroeder of Ridiculous Upside has written about how Adrien would be a good fit in the D-League. Which may be where he starts, develops his game and finds out if he can make it at the next level.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34