Sep 7, 2010, 5:54 PM EST
Last month the New Jersey Nets signed Sean May to a deal, giving him a chance to make prove he was back from microfracture surgery and could be a backup to Derrick Favors.
Tuesday they waived him.
May broke his left foot in basketball workouts last week and GM Billy King said recovery time would not provide legit chance to make team.
According to the contract gurus Sham Sports the deal was only guaranteed for $100,000, so May will make that much. He may find an NBA team, or more likely a European squad, willing to give him a shot when his foot recovers.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 29
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41