Sep 7, 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
Last month the New Jersey Nets signed Sean May to a deal, giving him a chance to make prove he was back from microfracture surgery and could be a backup to Derrick Favors.
Tuesday they waived him.
May broke his left foot in basketball workouts last week and GM Billy King said recovery time would not provide legit chance to make team.
According to the contract gurus Sham Sports the deal was only guaranteed for $100,000, so May will make that much. He may find an NBA team, or more likely a European squad, willing to give him a shot when his foot recovers.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23