Sep 7, 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
Last month the New Jersey Nets signed Sean May to a deal, giving him a chance to make prove he was back from microfracture surgery and could be a backup to Derrick Favors.
Tuesday they waived him.
May broke his left foot in basketball workouts last week and GM Billy King said recovery time would not provide legit chance to make team.
According to the contract gurus Sham Sports the deal was only guaranteed for $100,000, so May will make that much. He may find an NBA team, or more likely a European squad, willing to give him a shot when his foot recovers.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48