Sep 7, 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
Last month the New Jersey Nets signed Sean May to a deal, giving him a chance to make prove he was back from microfracture surgery and could be a backup to Derrick Favors.
Tuesday they waived him.
May broke his left foot in basketball workouts last week and GM Billy King said recovery time would not provide legit chance to make team.
According to the contract gurus Sham Sports the deal was only guaranteed for $100,000, so May will make that much. He may find an NBA team, or more likely a European squad, willing to give him a shot when his foot recovers.
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 0
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 33
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 21
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1