Sep 7, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Very vague trade speculation continue to float around Rudy Fernandez. The Bulls have some interest. The Knicks have some interest but they and Portland are not talking. Nothing seems to be moving on that front.
Basically, despite Rudy Fernandez throwing a tantrum and threats of a holdout by his agent, he is still a Trail Blazer. And when FanHouse asked Blazers coach Nate McMillan about it, he said he plans for Fernandez at training camp, saying “that’s my player.”
“He’s a great player,” McMillan said. “He’s a good player. A talented player. Very talented.”
Asked further about the subject and McMillan said, “He is in my notes for training camp. All right.”
Fernandez is in a tough spot now. Despite stamping his feet and throwing up his hands and plenty of whining, he now has to either swallow his pride and go to camp, or hold out and both look bad and not get paid.
Blazers GM Rich Cho may eventually move Fernandez, but it will be done on Cho’s schedule. When he feels he is getting enough in return. And if this sends a message to other agents about dealing with Cho, then all the better for the Blazers.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 2
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 18
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7