Sep 7, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Very vague trade speculation continue to float around Rudy Fernandez. The Bulls have some interest. The Knicks have some interest but they and Portland are not talking. Nothing seems to be moving on that front.
Basically, despite Rudy Fernandez throwing a tantrum and threats of a holdout by his agent, he is still a Trail Blazer. And when FanHouse asked Blazers coach Nate McMillan about it, he said he plans for Fernandez at training camp, saying “that’s my player.”
“He’s a great player,” McMillan said. “He’s a good player. A talented player. Very talented.”
Asked further about the subject and McMillan said, “He is in my notes for training camp. All right.”
Fernandez is in a tough spot now. Despite stamping his feet and throwing up his hands and plenty of whining, he now has to either swallow his pride and go to camp, or hold out and both look bad and not get paid.
Blazers GM Rich Cho may eventually move Fernandez, but it will be done on Cho’s schedule. When he feels he is getting enough in return. And if this sends a message to other agents about dealing with Cho, then all the better for the Blazers.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17