Sep 7, 2010, 1:19 PM EDT
There are some really good Charlotte Bobcat blogs out there already. Queen City Hoops is smart and with lots of great stats woven in. Rufus on Fire, Bobcats Baseline and Bobcats Planet also do quality work.
Of course, the Bobcats have their own official blog — Bobcat Break — and now they want a fan to be a part of it. Here’s the quote from the site.
We’re expanding our list of bloggers for the 2010-11 season and are looking for the first bobcatsbreak.com fan blogger.
Think you’ve got what it takes to post your blogs on the official blog site of the Charlotte Bobcats? Here’s your chance to prove it. Submit a blog explaining in 500 words or less why you would make the ultimate Bobcats fan blogger. We’ll look them over, post some of the best here on bobcats.com and get your opinion through a fan vote that will help us make our ultimate decision.
Follow the link above to find out how to submit.
For one, this is a big step by a team, to embrace the idea of a fan blogger, even on what will be a limited basis. Also, this is a big chance for somebody in that the winner will get team access a lot of bloggers out there cannot. Being on the Bobcats site will give your posts great exposure and many will automatically trust your opinions (whether that is fair or not is a different discussion).
But also know this — posting on a team site means restrictions, for example how you criticize a team, or even if you can. If you want to go on Bobcats Break and post that DJ Augustin is not a starting PG and the Bobcats need to get one — a completely valid opinion — that will never get past the PR department.
Every team blogger and reporter I know has these frustrations. They also all like their jobs. It’s a good opportunity, just go in with eyes open.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34