Sep 7, 2010, 9:21 AM EDT
Years of potential exploded into a couple very productive months last season for Andray Blatche. Throw in rookie top pick John Wall and an offense that will get out and run, and you may have something fun and pretty good in Washington next season.
If Blatche is healthy. He had foot surgery in June and was expected to be not doing much for three months.
But according to Michael Lee at the Washington Post, Blatche said he will be ready to go when camp opens at the end of the month. Blatche has been riding the bike and working out on the elliptical, but has not been cleared to play basketball yet. However he should be back by the start of training camp.
There he will be met by journeyman center Sean Marks, who has been invited to camp, according to the same Post report. Marks is a 10-year NBA veteran who has never made a big splash, never averaged more than 3 points per game. He would have a make-good deal and have to earn his way on to the team.
Rounding out the Wizards camp offers are Cartier Martin and maybe Lester Hudson.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18