Sep 7, 2010, 10:05 PM EST
Adonal Foyle was about as beloved as an NBA journeyman can be. Because he was a lot more than that.
Foyle was active in philanthropy, part of the players union and just a renaissance man in the world of basketball. Media, fans, teammates, everybody loved him. When he retired last month people hated to see him go, they wondered what was next for him.
How about director of player development for the Orlando Magic? That became official today with word from the Magic.
It means he will be a go between for players and management, plus he will work on, well, player development. Which in his case will mean more than just developing a good spin move to the left. Which seems kind of perfect for him.
Everyone is just happy to hear that Foyle will still be around the league. It wouldn’t have been the same without him.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 0
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 9
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 9
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18