Sep 7, 2010, 10:05 PM EDT
Adonal Foyle was about as beloved as an NBA journeyman can be. Because he was a lot more than that.
Foyle was active in philanthropy, part of the players union and just a renaissance man in the world of basketball. Media, fans, teammates, everybody loved him. When he retired last month people hated to see him go, they wondered what was next for him.
How about director of player development for the Orlando Magic? That became official today with word from the Magic.
It means he will be a go between for players and management, plus he will work on, well, player development. Which in his case will mean more than just developing a good spin move to the left. Which seems kind of perfect for him.
Everyone is just happy to hear that Foyle will still be around the league. It wouldn’t have been the same without him.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50