Sep 6, 2010, 10:13 AM EST
Hey, it’s a silver lining for Cleveland!
Last season the Cavaliers paid Leon Powe primarily to recover. They signed him to a two-year deal after major knee surgery, they knew going in he would not be able to help much last season. He did play for 20 games at the end of the season but he didn’t look right.
Stopped by Leon Powe BBall Camp @ oak tech. LP says knee 100 percent and he can squat 275 pounds. Cavs big will wear brace as precaution.
This would be good news for Cleveland if he is indeed back. Powe has shown a lot of potential but his knee helped keep him from realizing it. In Cleveland now he should get a lot of run if healthy.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13