Sep 6, 2010, 10:13 AM EST
Hey, it’s a silver lining for Cleveland!
Last season the Cavaliers paid Leon Powe primarily to recover. They signed him to a two-year deal after major knee surgery, they knew going in he would not be able to help much last season. He did play for 20 games at the end of the season but he didn’t look right.
Stopped by Leon Powe BBall Camp @ oak tech. LP says knee 100 percent and he can squat 275 pounds. Cavs big will wear brace as precaution.
This would be good news for Cleveland if he is indeed back. Powe has shown a lot of potential but his knee helped keep him from realizing it. In Cleveland now he should get a lot of run if healthy.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8