Sep 5, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Things have been looking up for Yi Jianlian.
He is out of the swamps of Jersey (and into the swamp that is Washington D.C.). He will play in an up-tempo offense next to John Wall, which could put his athleticism to use. He has been working out with David Thorpe. He has been looking good as the leader of a Chinese national team that advanced to the knockout phase (despite a 1-4 record in group play).
But now he is battling and inflamed Achilles tendon.
He sat out the final game for China in group play, had an MRI on his leg, which found nothing serious. He is expected to be out there Tuesday when China takes on Lithuania.
None of this should carry over to the season, he would have a few weeks to rest and recover. And the Wizards will be careful with him during camp, because they don’t want this to be a lingering thing.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12