Sep 5, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Things have been looking up for Yi Jianlian.
He is out of the swamps of Jersey (and into the swamp that is Washington D.C.). He will play in an up-tempo offense next to John Wall, which could put his athleticism to use. He has been working out with David Thorpe. He has been looking good as the leader of a Chinese national team that advanced to the knockout phase (despite a 1-4 record in group play).
But now he is battling and inflamed Achilles tendon.
He sat out the final game for China in group play, had an MRI on his leg, which found nothing serious. He is expected to be out there Tuesday when China takes on Lithuania.
None of this should carry over to the season, he would have a few weeks to rest and recover. And the Wizards will be careful with him during camp, because they don’t want this to be a lingering thing.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0