Sep 5, 2010, 1:50 PM EST
Things have been looking up for Yi Jianlian.
He is out of the swamps of Jersey (and into the swamp that is Washington D.C.). He will play in an up-tempo offense next to John Wall, which could put his athleticism to use. He has been working out with David Thorpe. He has been looking good as the leader of a Chinese national team that advanced to the knockout phase (despite a 1-4 record in group play).
But now he is battling and inflamed Achilles tendon.
He sat out the final game for China in group play, had an MRI on his leg, which found nothing serious. He is expected to be out there Tuesday when China takes on Lithuania.
None of this should carry over to the season, he would have a few weeks to rest and recover. And the Wizards will be careful with him during camp, because they don’t want this to be a lingering thing.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41