Sep 5, 2010, 10:13 AM EST
Like all of New York it seems, Isiah Thomas has been hanging out in Queens the last week or so. The US Open is in town and Roger Federer is putting on a show. (So did Andy Roddick, but that’s another story all together.)
NBA writer Marc Berman of the New York Post approached Thomas and tried to get him to talk about his failed effort to return to the Knicks, but Thomas said nothing of real interest there.
What he did say is that other NBA legeds — such as Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Michael Jordan — were wrong to slap LeBron around for his choice.
“I strongly disagree with their comments,” Thomas said. “[Magic] had a great team. They said they wouldn’t have left but look who they were playing with. Those teams were stacked.”
LeBron had the right to choose… but he should have chosen New York. Right Isiah?
“I think — and I honestly believe this — it would’ve been interesting to see if he could have [won a title with the Knicks],” Thomas said outside Arthur Ashe Stadium. “The curiosity factor, the whole world would’ve been drawn to watch and see if he could do it. The whole LeBron Knick thing would’ve piqued everyone’s curiosity.
“We wanted him to come to New York, but I think he’ll do well in Miami. They got a great team. I think everybody will be watching to see if they can put it together and win.”
Hate to tell you this Isiah, but the whole world is watching to see if he’ll do it in Miami.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18