Sep 4, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s been one of those questions about this season’s Boston Celtics: Will the selfless chemistry that defined this team remain the same with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal and a full year of Nate Robinson?
Probably, the leadership at the top of the big three will set the tone. And in case you were worried, Shaq is down with it. He’s said before he’s ready to be a role player and he reiterated it to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
He also said that part of the problem in Cleveland was the lack of selflessness.
“I like that (the Celtics) play together and nobody really worries about shots,” O’Neal said. “When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn’t even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I’m only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that’s cool.
Just a little more evidence that in the push to build a team around LeBron in Cleveland they never really passed chemistry.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42