Sep 4, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s been one of those questions about this season’s Boston Celtics: Will the selfless chemistry that defined this team remain the same with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal and a full year of Nate Robinson?
Probably, the leadership at the top of the big three will set the tone. And in case you were worried, Shaq is down with it. He’s said before he’s ready to be a role player and he reiterated it to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
He also said that part of the problem in Cleveland was the lack of selflessness.
“I like that (the Celtics) play together and nobody really worries about shots,” O’Neal said. “When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn’t even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I’m only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that’s cool.
Just a little more evidence that in the push to build a team around LeBron in Cleveland they never really passed chemistry.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32