Sep 4, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s been one of those questions about this season’s Boston Celtics: Will the selfless chemistry that defined this team remain the same with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal and a full year of Nate Robinson?
Probably, the leadership at the top of the big three will set the tone. And in case you were worried, Shaq is down with it. He’s said before he’s ready to be a role player and he reiterated it to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
He also said that part of the problem in Cleveland was the lack of selflessness.
“I like that (the Celtics) play together and nobody really worries about shots,” O’Neal said. “When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn’t even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I’m only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that’s cool.
Just a little more evidence that in the push to build a team around LeBron in Cleveland they never really passed chemistry.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61