Sep 4, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s been one of those questions about this season’s Boston Celtics: Will the selfless chemistry that defined this team remain the same with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal and a full year of Nate Robinson?
Probably, the leadership at the top of the big three will set the tone. And in case you were worried, Shaq is down with it. He’s said before he’s ready to be a role player and he reiterated it to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
He also said that part of the problem in Cleveland was the lack of selflessness.
“I like that (the Celtics) play together and nobody really worries about shots,” O’Neal said. “When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn’t even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I’m only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that’s cool.
Just a little more evidence that in the push to build a team around LeBron in Cleveland they never really passed chemistry.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22