Sep 4, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
It’s been one of those questions about this season’s Boston Celtics: Will the selfless chemistry that defined this team remain the same with Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal and a full year of Nate Robinson?
Probably, the leadership at the top of the big three will set the tone. And in case you were worried, Shaq is down with it. He’s said before he’s ready to be a role player and he reiterated it to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
He also said that part of the problem in Cleveland was the lack of selflessness.
“I like that (the Celtics) play together and nobody really worries about shots,” O’Neal said. “When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn’t even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I’m only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that’s cool.
Just a little more evidence that in the push to build a team around LeBron in Cleveland they never really passed chemistry.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6