Sep 4, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay’s strained groin isn’t fully healed, but it isn’t slowing him down.
Gay sat out the second half of the USA’s blowout win over Tunisia Thursday after suffering the injury. Team USA had Friday off and when they returned to practice Saturday Gay went through the entire two-hour session with the team.
Looks like Gay will play when the USA takes on Angola Monday in the first round of knockout play at the FIBA World Championships. When they will really need him and everybody is when they move on to the final 8 and a likely matchup with Russia. From there on things will not be easy for USA Basketball.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 2
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5