Sep 4, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
Rudy Gay’s strained groin isn’t fully healed, but it isn’t slowing him down.
Gay sat out the second half of the USA’s blowout win over Tunisia Thursday after suffering the injury. Team USA had Friday off and when they returned to practice Saturday Gay went through the entire two-hour session with the team.
Looks like Gay will play when the USA takes on Angola Monday in the first round of knockout play at the FIBA World Championships. When they will really need him and everybody is when they move on to the final 8 and a likely matchup with Russia. From there on things will not be easy for USA Basketball.
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 3
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5