Sep 4, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay’s strained groin isn’t fully healed, but it isn’t slowing him down.
Gay sat out the second half of the USA’s blowout win over Tunisia Thursday after suffering the injury. Team USA had Friday off and when they returned to practice Saturday Gay went through the entire two-hour session with the team.
Looks like Gay will play when the USA takes on Angola Monday in the first round of knockout play at the FIBA World Championships. When they will really need him and everybody is when they move on to the final 8 and a likely matchup with Russia. From there on things will not be easy for USA Basketball.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15