Sep 4, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay’s strained groin isn’t fully healed, but it isn’t slowing him down.
Gay sat out the second half of the USA’s blowout win over Tunisia Thursday after suffering the injury. Team USA had Friday off and when they returned to practice Saturday Gay went through the entire two-hour session with the team.
Looks like Gay will play when the USA takes on Angola Monday in the first round of knockout play at the FIBA World Championships. When they will really need him and everybody is when they move on to the final 8 and a likely matchup with Russia. From there on things will not be easy for USA Basketball.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 36
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 37
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17