Sep 4, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Rudy Gay’s strained groin isn’t fully healed, but it isn’t slowing him down.
Gay sat out the second half of the USA’s blowout win over Tunisia Thursday after suffering the injury. Team USA had Friday off and when they returned to practice Saturday Gay went through the entire two-hour session with the team.
Looks like Gay will play when the USA takes on Angola Monday in the first round of knockout play at the FIBA World Championships. When they will really need him and everybody is when they move on to the final 8 and a likely matchup with Russia. From there on things will not be easy for USA Basketball.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8