Sep 3, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
Luther Head was in Indiana last year, but the combo guard couldn’t really get a lot of run on a team that wanted to run.
Then it looked like the Hornets were going to take him, until Jeff Bower got the boot as GM the new regime went with the old “he failed the physical” line so they could pull the contract out on Head.
Tyrke Evans and Beno Udrih will start in the Kings backcourt, but behind them there are minutes to be had. Head can provide some scoring punch in a combo-guard role — not terribly efficient scoring, but he can put up some points for you. You’re not going to get a lot of defense either. Which is why he’s available at the end of September.
Still, this could be a reasonable fit for both teams for a season.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1