Sep 3, 2010, 1:39 PM EST
Luther Head was in Indiana last year, but the combo guard couldn’t really get a lot of run on a team that wanted to run.
Then it looked like the Hornets were going to take him, until Jeff Bower got the boot as GM the new regime went with the old “he failed the physical” line so they could pull the contract out on Head.
Tyrke Evans and Beno Udrih will start in the Kings backcourt, but behind them there are minutes to be had. Head can provide some scoring punch in a combo-guard role — not terribly efficient scoring, but he can put up some points for you. You’re not going to get a lot of defense either. Which is why he’s available at the end of September.
Still, this could be a reasonable fit for both teams for a season.
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 3
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5