Sep 3, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
Luther Head was in Indiana last year, but the combo guard couldn’t really get a lot of run on a team that wanted to run.
Then it looked like the Hornets were going to take him, until Jeff Bower got the boot as GM the new regime went with the old “he failed the physical” line so they could pull the contract out on Head.
Tyrke Evans and Beno Udrih will start in the Kings backcourt, but behind them there are minutes to be had. Head can provide some scoring punch in a combo-guard role — not terribly efficient scoring, but he can put up some points for you. You’re not going to get a lot of defense either. Which is why he’s available at the end of September.
Still, this could be a reasonable fit for both teams for a season.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13