Sep 3, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
Luther Head was in Indiana last year, but the combo guard couldn’t really get a lot of run on a team that wanted to run.
Then it looked like the Hornets were going to take him, until Jeff Bower got the boot as GM the new regime went with the old “he failed the physical” line so they could pull the contract out on Head.
Tyrke Evans and Beno Udrih will start in the Kings backcourt, but behind them there are minutes to be had. Head can provide some scoring punch in a combo-guard role — not terribly efficient scoring, but he can put up some points for you. You’re not going to get a lot of defense either. Which is why he’s available at the end of September.
Still, this could be a reasonable fit for both teams for a season.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 10
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24