Sep 3, 2010, 1:39 PM EST
Luther Head was in Indiana last year, but the combo guard couldn’t really get a lot of run on a team that wanted to run.
Then it looked like the Hornets were going to take him, until Jeff Bower got the boot as GM the new regime went with the old “he failed the physical” line so they could pull the contract out on Head.
Tyrke Evans and Beno Udrih will start in the Kings backcourt, but behind them there are minutes to be had. Head can provide some scoring punch in a combo-guard role — not terribly efficient scoring, but he can put up some points for you. You’re not going to get a lot of defense either. Which is why he’s available at the end of September.
Still, this could be a reasonable fit for both teams for a season.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3