Sep 3, 2010, 2:02 PM EST
After Summer League we were singing his praises — albeit more as a scorer than a point guard — then after the big trade that brought Darren Collison to Indiana we wondered: Where does Lance Stephenson fit in? He is an intriguing player. The Pacers thought so too.
Then he allegedly threw his girlfriend down a flight of stairs and got arrested for it.
In the Pacers eyes, he has gone from interesting to non-existent.
And he is getting counseling, Wells reports.
The Pacers are in a tough spot. They gave Stephenson a two-year contract that they are now stuck with. (Voiding it on a morals clause would lead to a legal battle with the union.)
At some point they are going to have to let him in the door. The questions are when and with what restrictions? Larry Bird is clearly ticked, but they signed Stephenson to play basketball and at some point they have to let him.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15