Sep 3, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
After Summer League we were singing his praises — albeit more as a scorer than a point guard — then after the big trade that brought Darren Collison to Indiana we wondered: Where does Lance Stephenson fit in? He is an intriguing player. The Pacers thought so too.
Then he allegedly threw his girlfriend down a flight of stairs and got arrested for it.
In the Pacers eyes, he has gone from interesting to non-existent.
And he is getting counseling, Wells reports.
The Pacers are in a tough spot. They gave Stephenson a two-year contract that they are now stuck with. (Voiding it on a morals clause would lead to a legal battle with the union.)
At some point they are going to have to let him in the door. The questions are when and with what restrictions? Larry Bird is clearly ticked, but they signed Stephenson to play basketball and at some point they have to let him.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32