Sep 3, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
After Summer League we were singing his praises — albeit more as a scorer than a point guard — then after the big trade that brought Darren Collison to Indiana we wondered: Where does Lance Stephenson fit in? He is an intriguing player. The Pacers thought so too.
Then he allegedly threw his girlfriend down a flight of stairs and got arrested for it.
In the Pacers eyes, he has gone from interesting to non-existent.
And he is getting counseling, Wells reports.
The Pacers are in a tough spot. They gave Stephenson a two-year contract that they are now stuck with. (Voiding it on a morals clause would lead to a legal battle with the union.)
At some point they are going to have to let him in the door. The questions are when and with what restrictions? Larry Bird is clearly ticked, but they signed Stephenson to play basketball and at some point they have to let him.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 0
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 32
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 11
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 17
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33