Sep 3, 2010, 3:31 AM EDT
It was Al Horford who sad that if the Atlanta Hawks were really serious about contending, they would go big and get him some help in the paint.
“I am going to war with who I’ve got,” Al said
Well, what’s he going to say? Jason Collins and Zaza Petulia are your back up centers, along with Brad Miller. That’s not a lot of help, not a big impact.
In a summer where it seems everyone in the East swung for the fences, the Hawks made their splash bringing back Joe Johnson. Nobody has really jumped on the Hawks bandwagon with their off-season moves, the Hawks are counting on improvement from the players thieve got. With the young Horford they will get it, but the rest of the guys….
Frankly, they are going to have to go to war with what they have.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10