Sep 3, 2010, 3:31 AM EDT
It was Al Horford who sad that if the Atlanta Hawks were really serious about contending, they would go big and get him some help in the paint.
“I am going to war with who I’ve got,” Al said
Well, what’s he going to say? Jason Collins and Zaza Petulia are your back up centers, along with Brad Miller. That’s not a lot of help, not a big impact.
In a summer where it seems everyone in the East swung for the fences, the Hawks made their splash bringing back Joe Johnson. Nobody has really jumped on the Hawks bandwagon with their off-season moves, the Hawks are counting on improvement from the players thieve got. With the young Horford they will get it, but the rest of the guys….
Frankly, they are going to have to go to war with what they have.
- Klay Thompson says he expects to play next season with Warriors, not be traded 0
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 24
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 55
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19