Sep 3, 2010, 3:31 AM EST
It was Al Horford who sad that if the Atlanta Hawks were really serious about contending, they would go big and get him some help in the paint.
“I am going to war with who I’ve got,” Al said
Well, what’s he going to say? Jason Collins and Zaza Petulia are your back up centers, along with Brad Miller. That’s not a lot of help, not a big impact.
In a summer where it seems everyone in the East swung for the fences, the Hawks made their splash bringing back Joe Johnson. Nobody has really jumped on the Hawks bandwagon with their off-season moves, the Hawks are counting on improvement from the players thieve got. With the young Horford they will get it, but the rest of the guys….
Frankly, they are going to have to go to war with what they have.
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6