Sep 3, 2010, 9:29 PM EDT
Doc Rivers son Austin is one of the top high school basketball recruits in the nation. Not in the “he could get into a mid-major but is overhyped” kind of way, but in the he crossed-over John Wall kind of way. There is a reason that Doc seriously considered taking a year off to watch him and be with him.
And the younger Rivers has not committed anywhere yet, so my man Dan Monson and Long Beach State still have a chance to get him. Technically. But really he can go anywhere he wants, play for anyone he wants. Duke. North Carolina. Kentucky. Kansas. Florida. UCLA. Boston College if he thinks dad is hanging in town for another year. Wherever he wants. Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5