Sep 3, 2010, 9:29 PM EDT
Doc Rivers son Austin is one of the top high school basketball recruits in the nation. Not in the “he could get into a mid-major but is overhyped” kind of way, but in the he crossed-over John Wall kind of way. There is a reason that Doc seriously considered taking a year off to watch him and be with him.
And the younger Rivers has not committed anywhere yet, so my man Dan Monson and Long Beach State still have a chance to get him. Technically. But really he can go anywhere he wants, play for anyone he wants. Duke. North Carolina. Kentucky. Kansas. Florida. UCLA. Boston College if he thinks dad is hanging in town for another year. Wherever he wants. Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 0
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2