Sep 3, 2010, 9:29 PM EDT
Doc Rivers son Austin is one of the top high school basketball recruits in the nation. Not in the “he could get into a mid-major but is overhyped” kind of way, but in the he crossed-over John Wall kind of way. There is a reason that Doc seriously considered taking a year off to watch him and be with him.
And the younger Rivers has not committed anywhere yet, so my man Dan Monson and Long Beach State still have a chance to get him. Technically. But really he can go anywhere he wants, play for anyone he wants. Duke. North Carolina. Kentucky. Kansas. Florida. UCLA. Boston College if he thinks dad is hanging in town for another year. Wherever he wants. Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself.
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 3
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 47