Sep 3, 2010, 9:29 PM EST
Doc Rivers son Austin is one of the top high school basketball recruits in the nation. Not in the “he could get into a mid-major but is overhyped” kind of way, but in the he crossed-over John Wall kind of way. There is a reason that Doc seriously considered taking a year off to watch him and be with him.
And the younger Rivers has not committed anywhere yet, so my man Dan Monson and Long Beach State still have a chance to get him. Technically. But really he can go anywhere he wants, play for anyone he wants. Duke. North Carolina. Kentucky. Kansas. Florida. UCLA. Boston College if he thinks dad is hanging in town for another year. Wherever he wants. Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself.
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 0
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 4
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8