Sep 3, 2010, 9:29 PM EDT
Doc Rivers son Austin is one of the top high school basketball recruits in the nation. Not in the “he could get into a mid-major but is overhyped” kind of way, but in the he crossed-over John Wall kind of way. There is a reason that Doc seriously considered taking a year off to watch him and be with him.
And the younger Rivers has not committed anywhere yet, so my man Dan Monson and Long Beach State still have a chance to get him. Technically. But really he can go anywhere he wants, play for anyone he wants. Duke. North Carolina. Kentucky. Kansas. Florida. UCLA. Boston College if he thinks dad is hanging in town for another year. Wherever he wants. Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8