Sep 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EDT
Dee Brown has flitted around the edges of the NBA — just in or just out –since he left Illinois four years ago (he was the other guy in the backcourt with Deron Williams).
This year he wants back in and tweeted that he will be headed to the Dallas Mavericks training camp this fall. He is going on a make-good contract, but it’s a foot in the door. A chance.
Last season Brown played for Maccabi Tel Aviv, the European powerhouse. The year before that he split time between the Wizards and Suns, but he played in only 19 games. He turned the ball over too much for a point guard in those stints.
It’s going to be tough to crack the Mavericks roster at point guard — Jason Kidd starts, everyone wants Rodrigue Beaubois to get more minutes, and Jose Barea is in the mix. But maybe he can get noticed and another NBA team will pick him up.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18