Sep 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EDT
Dee Brown has flitted around the edges of the NBA — just in or just out –since he left Illinois four years ago (he was the other guy in the backcourt with Deron Williams).
This year he wants back in and tweeted that he will be headed to the Dallas Mavericks training camp this fall. He is going on a make-good contract, but it’s a foot in the door. A chance.
Last season Brown played for Maccabi Tel Aviv, the European powerhouse. The year before that he split time between the Wizards and Suns, but he played in only 19 games. He turned the ball over too much for a point guard in those stints.
It’s going to be tough to crack the Mavericks roster at point guard — Jason Kidd starts, everyone wants Rodrigue Beaubois to get more minutes, and Jose Barea is in the mix. But maybe he can get noticed and another NBA team will pick him up.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5