Sep 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EDT
Dee Brown has flitted around the edges of the NBA — just in or just out –since he left Illinois four years ago (he was the other guy in the backcourt with Deron Williams).
This year he wants back in and tweeted that he will be headed to the Dallas Mavericks training camp this fall. He is going on a make-good contract, but it’s a foot in the door. A chance.
Last season Brown played for Maccabi Tel Aviv, the European powerhouse. The year before that he split time between the Wizards and Suns, but he played in only 19 games. He turned the ball over too much for a point guard in those stints.
It’s going to be tough to crack the Mavericks roster at point guard — Jason Kidd starts, everyone wants Rodrigue Beaubois to get more minutes, and Jose Barea is in the mix. But maybe he can get noticed and another NBA team will pick him up.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 22
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22