Sep 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EST
Dee Brown has flitted around the edges of the NBA — just in or just out –since he left Illinois four years ago (he was the other guy in the backcourt with Deron Williams).
This year he wants back in and tweeted that he will be headed to the Dallas Mavericks training camp this fall. He is going on a make-good contract, but it’s a foot in the door. A chance.
Last season Brown played for Maccabi Tel Aviv, the European powerhouse. The year before that he split time between the Wizards and Suns, but he played in only 19 games. He turned the ball over too much for a point guard in those stints.
It’s going to be tough to crack the Mavericks roster at point guard — Jason Kidd starts, everyone wants Rodrigue Beaubois to get more minutes, and Jose Barea is in the mix. But maybe he can get noticed and another NBA team will pick him up.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 0
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 10
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31