Sep 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EDT
Dee Brown has flitted around the edges of the NBA — just in or just out –since he left Illinois four years ago (he was the other guy in the backcourt with Deron Williams).
This year he wants back in and tweeted that he will be headed to the Dallas Mavericks training camp this fall. He is going on a make-good contract, but it’s a foot in the door. A chance.
Last season Brown played for Maccabi Tel Aviv, the European powerhouse. The year before that he split time between the Wizards and Suns, but he played in only 19 games. He turned the ball over too much for a point guard in those stints.
It’s going to be tough to crack the Mavericks roster at point guard — Jason Kidd starts, everyone wants Rodrigue Beaubois to get more minutes, and Jose Barea is in the mix. But maybe he can get noticed and another NBA team will pick him up.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10