Sep 3, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
Now is the time of year when NBA players are working hard on their conditioning and their game. Training camps open in just a little more than three weeks and players want to come in close to game conditioning.
Chase Budinger is going to miss that target in Houston.
That’s not ideal but not that big a deal. Budinger should be ready to go and able to resume conditioning right about the start of camp. Better to let it rest and fully recover now than have it linger.
Budinger is going to play key minutes and an increasing role for a Rockets team, providing some scoring punch on the wing behind Shane Battier. Budinger’s explosiveness is what makes his game. So sprained ankles are not ideal, but it could have been much worse.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 14
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9