Sep 2, 2010, 3:26 PM EST
As it is the “guys who fill out the end of the bench” signings time of the year, we have one report for you.
Carney was in Philadelphia last season playing 12 minutes a game (in 68 games) and pitching in four puts or so a contest. Which doesn’t speak well of him as Philly needed depth on the wing but he couldn’t really break into the rotation.
He’s athletic, which is why he went No. 16 overall four years ago, so maybe getting some burn in Don Nelson’s offense (if it is Don Nelson’s offense and he is not let go before the season) will be good for him. Can’t really hurt. For a minimum deal, not a bad risk for the Warriors.
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 0
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 23
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 10
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)