Sep 1, 2010, 11:10 AM EST
There are political overtones in some international sporting events. You could feel it when Turkey played Greece yesterday — then Greek fans showed up with a banner that said “We are neighbors not enemies.” It was a chance for sport to transcend the political.
Today comes USA vs. Iran, but the Iranians are looking at this as a basketball game, not a political statement.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)