Sep 1, 2010, 4:01 PM EDT
No Amare Stoudemire but you’ve got Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress so everything will be just fine in Phoenix, right?
Well, that assumes you get the 2009 playoff version of Turkoglu. You know, the one the Toronto Raptors paid for but called lemon law on. But now out of Toronto, fresh start in a great city, Phoenix is going to get the vintage Turkoglu back, right?
Suns fans, I hope you haven’t been watching the games from the World Championships in Turkey. Unfortunately Mike Schmitz of Valley of the Suns has and he doesn’t like what he sees.
But the fact is, Turkoglu is still shooting 23.5 percent against mostly non-NBA talent and hasn’t looked like he’s in the greatest shape in the world. Suns fans should hope this isn’t the Hedo they’ll be getting come Oct. 26 when the 2010-11 season tips off.
In a bar in Toronto, some Raptor fan just fell off his chair laughing.
As Schmitz notes, Turkoglu’s Turkish squad is undefeated and some of those misses have come in garbage time of decided games. There are a number of mitigating factors, if you want to buy all of them.
But still, you have to be a little concerned, Suns fans.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46