Sep 1, 2010, 4:35 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks locker room could use a little poetry.
It looks like it’s about to get some, because the Hawks are about to sign Etan Thomas as their third string center, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Michael Cunningham.
Obviously Al Horford gets the lion’s share of minutes at the five, with Zaza Pachulia and Jason Collins backing him up. So don’t draft Thomas on to your fantasy team, he’s not going to see a lot of court time. He’s there to bang bodies in practice, play some minutes here and there, and be a good guy in the locker room. He will be good in the locker room — he’s “More than an Athlete.” (The league could use more people like him in that regard.)
On the court, it will be fun to see who can have a lower PER at the end of the season, Collins or Thomas. Last season, Thomas was a dreadful 6.9, but Collins was a legendary 0.9.
Still, for the end of the bench, not a bad signing.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 2
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8