Sep 1, 2010, 5:53 PM EDT
When we talked about he team with the biggest injury risks in the East, everyone brings up the older Boston Celtics, as if Paul Pierce might break a hip during training camp.
But it looks like the Miami Heat might be the banged up team at the start of training camp, that according to Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
Mario Chalmers, the third-year guard expected to challenge for the starting role this season, is listed as “questionable” by the Heat for the Sept. 28 start of training camp, after suffering a high ankle sprain during July workouts.
Carlos Arroyo also has a bruised quadricep right now that is keeping him out of FIBA World Championships games, after he got kneed in the thigh during a game against Russia. Fortunately. Arroyo’s injury is not serious, he should be back for Puerto Rico next week, let alone in time for camp.
Chalmers, the guy expected to be the starting point guard when the season starts, is another story. He may well miss the start of camp, as teams tend to be very cautious about these things at the start of the season so that they don’t linger.
What really matters is Chalmers should be fine for the season opener Oct. 26 against Boston.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record