Sep 1, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Good news from Jonny Flynn, who tweeted last night he is off the crutches, walking and doing some pool workouts as he recovers from off-season hip surgery.
That’s a good sign. He’s expected to still miss training camp and the start of the season, but the recovery seems to be coming along.
The adjustment questions for Flynn in his sophomore season will be less about the hip and more about his role. Luke Ridnour will get the starting point guard job in camp and likely keep it when Flynn returns. Can Flynn adjust to being a guy off the bench, a change of pace guy expected to score some?
We’ll see, but first he has to get his hip right. And hang out by the pool.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31