Sep 1, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Good news from Jonny Flynn, who tweeted last night he is off the crutches, walking and doing some pool workouts as he recovers from off-season hip surgery.
That’s a good sign. He’s expected to still miss training camp and the start of the season, but the recovery seems to be coming along.
The adjustment questions for Flynn in his sophomore season will be less about the hip and more about his role. Luke Ridnour will get the starting point guard job in camp and likely keep it when Flynn returns. Can Flynn adjust to being a guy off the bench, a change of pace guy expected to score some?
We’ll see, but first he has to get his hip right. And hang out by the pool.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 41
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23