Sep 1, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Good news from Jonny Flynn, who tweeted last night he is off the crutches, walking and doing some pool workouts as he recovers from off-season hip surgery.
That’s a good sign. He’s expected to still miss training camp and the start of the season, but the recovery seems to be coming along.
The adjustment questions for Flynn in his sophomore season will be less about the hip and more about his role. Luke Ridnour will get the starting point guard job in camp and likely keep it when Flynn returns. Can Flynn adjust to being a guy off the bench, a change of pace guy expected to score some?
We’ll see, but first he has to get his hip right. And hang out by the pool.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 14
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 51
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 59
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 55
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3