Sep 1, 2010, 1:10 PM EDT
Good news from Jonny Flynn, who tweeted last night he is off the crutches, walking and doing some pool workouts as he recovers from off-season hip surgery.
That’s a good sign. He’s expected to still miss training camp and the start of the season, but the recovery seems to be coming along.
The adjustment questions for Flynn in his sophomore season will be less about the hip and more about his role. Luke Ridnour will get the starting point guard job in camp and likely keep it when Flynn returns. Can Flynn adjust to being a guy off the bench, a change of pace guy expected to score some?
We’ll see, but first he has to get his hip right. And hang out by the pool.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32