Sep 1, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Samuel Dalembert is not the only NBA player who hasn’t forgotten about the devastation in Haiti.
Dwight Howard announced that he will co-host the Concert for a Cause… Remembering Haiti scheduled for Sept. 15 at the House of Blues in Orlando (via the Orlando Sentinel). He also will be traveling to Haiti this month and the Dwight Howard Fund will be making donations to programs to help young victims of the earthquake.
The Jan. 12 quake killed an estimated 230,000 and left 1 million people homeless on the island nation.
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 12
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 17
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 26
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful