Sep 1, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Samuel Dalembert is not the only NBA player who hasn’t forgotten about the devastation in Haiti.
Dwight Howard announced that he will co-host the Concert for a Cause… Remembering Haiti scheduled for Sept. 15 at the House of Blues in Orlando (via the Orlando Sentinel). He also will be traveling to Haiti this month and the Dwight Howard Fund will be making donations to programs to help young victims of the earthquake.
The Jan. 12 quake killed an estimated 230,000 and left 1 million people homeless on the island nation.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22