Sep 1, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Samuel Dalembert is not the only NBA player who hasn’t forgotten about the devastation in Haiti.
Dwight Howard announced that he will co-host the Concert for a Cause… Remembering Haiti scheduled for Sept. 15 at the House of Blues in Orlando (via the Orlando Sentinel). He also will be traveling to Haiti this month and the Dwight Howard Fund will be making donations to programs to help young victims of the earthquake.
The Jan. 12 quake killed an estimated 230,000 and left 1 million people homeless on the island nation.
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 6
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 22
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43