Sep 1, 2010, 6:55 PM EDT
Losing sucks. Getting close to the ultimate goal and losing really, really sucks.
It’s why the Orlando Magic had a photo of the Lakers celebrating in Orlando at the entrance to their weight room, as a reminder. And as a result… okay, not a great example of results. But you get the idea.
Doc Rivers is doing the same thing with Boston in a sense — he wants his guys to remember how losing game seven felt, as he told Marc Spears of Yahoo!
“That won’t go away. I had dinner with [Rajon] Rondo and ‘Baby’ [Glen Davis(notes)] in Vegas and they were talking about how much it hurts. I said, ‘I hope it hurts you for the rest of your life. It should.’ “
He hopes to have better success with this tactic than Stan Van Gundy did.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38