Aug 31, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
In the wake of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth after LeBron James made his announcement about his talents, one set of tweets in particular stood out:
Cavaliers teammate Mo Williams — one of LeBron’s closer friends on the team — felt hurt and said so in his twitter account.
”We were so damn close. So damn close now we have taken leaps and bounds backwards.”
“The only thing, and I mean the only thing I disagree with is…. If he knew somewhere else was the destination. He should have spared cle.”
Sunday Williams was flying back into Cleveland for the Cavs Youth Fund Golf Classic when his flight was delayed. And while waiting he ran into LeBron James, and the two sat down and cleared the air, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.
”Part of me is still sour . . . but I wish him the best,” Williams said Monday between holes at the Cavaliers’ Youth Fund Golf Classic at Westfield Country Club. ”He’s got enough people rooting against him, he doesn’t need one more.”
”You’ve got a guy of his caliber, it’s safe to say going into a season we’re playing for a championship just by him suiting up,” Williams said. ”We’ve been playing for a championship the last couple years, and there’s no bone in my body that wants to go in another direction.”
Williams will be back in Cleveland this fall, where new coach Byron Scott will expect him to be aggressive in an up-tempo offense that he is installing. One that should fit Williams well.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 2
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 6
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17