Aug 31, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
What do we really know about the Knicks starting lineup? Raymond Felton at the one, Amare Stoudemire at the four and… well, this is why Mike D’Antoni gets paid the big bucks.
There is a lot more talent on the Knicks roster, and a lot more versatile talent this season, which gives D’Antoni options. Alan Hahn did some speculating on twitter that the Knicks could start a very tall lineup: Felton, Danilo Gallinari at the two, Anthony Randolph at the three, Stoudemire at the four… and Ronny Turiaf at center?
If so, that is a 6’10” player at four spots on the floor, and all athletic and able to run the floor. It could be interesting.
Center is the question mark. As Hahn notes in his tweet guessing it is Turiaf at the five, your other option at that spot is Eddy Curry. So yea, Turiaf. Here’s what you get out of Turiaf — all out hustle and energy. He’ll score a little (and fairly efficiently) but not a lot, he’ll rebound, he’ll give you his all on defense. He’ll turn the ball over too much. He’ll be diving into the front row for balls so much Spike Lee will make him pay for a seat. He’ll pick up quick fouls. Also, there are questions about how long his knees will let him play in terms of minutes.
Turiaf is one of my favorite players to watch in the league, but he is an off-the-bench energy guy in an ideal world. Although if Curry is your other option you are not in an ideal world. And in that case Turiaf is the better choice.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8