Aug 31, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
You know you can score the rock when people start throwing your name around with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (the NBA’s all-time leading scorer).
That’s what Andre Iguodala did with Kevin Durant at Comcast Philadelphia. (via Fan Nation)
“Kevin Durant will be the NBA’s all-time leading scorer when it’s all said and done,” Iguodala said emphatically. “He loves the game and has a knack for putting the ball in the basket.”
No pressure big guy.
For the record, Kareem finish his career with 38,387 points. Right now Durant has 5,967. Last season, Durant scored 2,472 points, most in the league.
If Durant can score at the exact pace he did last season for more than 14 more seasons, until he is 35, he can pass Kareem
That’s not impossible. But you wonder how likely it is because Durant’s mentality would be to give up his personal records and points to help the team win a title. Those numbers also show you just how far out there Kareem is, how insane a record that is.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4