Aug 31, 2010, 1:02 PM EST
You know you can score the rock when people start throwing your name around with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (the NBA’s all-time leading scorer).
That’s what Andre Iguodala did with Kevin Durant at Comcast Philadelphia. (via Fan Nation)
“Kevin Durant will be the NBA’s all-time leading scorer when it’s all said and done,” Iguodala said emphatically. “He loves the game and has a knack for putting the ball in the basket.”
No pressure big guy.
For the record, Kareem finish his career with 38,387 points. Right now Durant has 5,967. Last season, Durant scored 2,472 points, most in the league.
If Durant can score at the exact pace he did last season for more than 14 more seasons, until he is 35, he can pass Kareem
That’s not impossible. But you wonder how likely it is because Durant’s mentality would be to give up his personal records and points to help the team win a title. Those numbers also show you just how far out there Kareem is, how insane a record that is.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)