Aug 31, 2010, 8:58 PM EDT
Darius Miles wants the chance to prove his knees can hold up for another NBA campaign after multiple microfracture surgeries. And that those knees are allowing him to move well enough to bring back some of his once-promising game. It’s going to take a lot of proving.
But the San Antonio Spurs are taking a look.
It’s a long shot he makes the team, the best outcome might be a make-good invite to training camp. Remember in June the Bobcats brought him in with other free agents for a workout and passed on him.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 5
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43