Aug 30, 2010, 12:58 PM EDT
Though Washington first rounder Kevin Seraphin is on his way over to the States from France, the Wizards’ second round pick (or really, the Timberwolves’ second round pick that was then traded to the Wiz, if you want to be terribly specific), Rutgers big man Hamady N’Diaye, will likely be heading overseas for the upcoming season. From Michael Lee of the Washington Post:
The Wizards are unlikely to sign second-round pick Hamady Ndiaye for
the upcoming season, according to a league source. They still retain
his rights, but the source said that Hamady Ndiaye is also looking into
playing overseas next season. The 6-foot-11 center whom Coach Flip
Saunders affectionately likes to call, “H,” had an uninspiring showing
in summer league, as he averaged just 3 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1
blocked shot in limited minutes. He had nine points, seven rebounds and
four blocks in the finale against New York, but the Wizards are not
pressed to put him in uniform just yet.
N’Diaye is only 23, so he has plenty of time to get his career on track, and a stint for a European team could do him a lot of good. Plus, had there was no way for N’Diaye to go to the D-League without the Wizards surrendering a roster spot (or renouncing N’Diaye’s rights), so this solution makes sense for both parties.
With Seraphin, JaVale McGee, and Andray Blatche splitting time at the 5, Washington had no immediate need for N’Diaye. So they’ll let him ripen a bit, work on his game, and re-evaluate for next season.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18