Aug 30, 2010, 12:58 PM EDT
Though Washington first rounder Kevin Seraphin is on his way over to the States from France, the Wizards’ second round pick (or really, the Timberwolves’ second round pick that was then traded to the Wiz, if you want to be terribly specific), Rutgers big man Hamady N’Diaye, will likely be heading overseas for the upcoming season. From Michael Lee of the Washington Post:
The Wizards are unlikely to sign second-round pick Hamady Ndiaye for
the upcoming season, according to a league source. They still retain
his rights, but the source said that Hamady Ndiaye is also looking into
playing overseas next season. The 6-foot-11 center whom Coach Flip
Saunders affectionately likes to call, “H,” had an uninspiring showing
in summer league, as he averaged just 3 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1
blocked shot in limited minutes. He had nine points, seven rebounds and
four blocks in the finale against New York, but the Wizards are not
pressed to put him in uniform just yet.
N’Diaye is only 23, so he has plenty of time to get his career on track, and a stint for a European team could do him a lot of good. Plus, had there was no way for N’Diaye to go to the D-League without the Wizards surrendering a roster spot (or renouncing N’Diaye’s rights), so this solution makes sense for both parties.
With Seraphin, JaVale McGee, and Andray Blatche splitting time at the 5, Washington had no immediate need for N’Diaye. So they’ll let him ripen a bit, work on his game, and re-evaluate for next season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4