Aug 30, 2010, 10:37 AM EST
Malik Hairston has gone from the San Antonio Spurs to unemployed because of his back problems.
Just 23, Hairston was just let go Montepaschi Siena of the Italian league, according to HoopMarket. The disc problem in his back is slowing his movement, and if you can’t move you can’t play anywhere. He didn’t play well for the Spurs at the end of last season and now he has been let go in Italy.
At this age, you’d like to think with the right treatment and rest he’ll be able to make a comeback somewhere. He is continuing his recovery in Siena and is hopeful that the team will re-sign him once he is healthy.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 0
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 4
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)