Aug 30, 2010, 10:37 AM EDT
Malik Hairston has gone from the San Antonio Spurs to unemployed because of his back problems.
Just 23, Hairston was just let go Montepaschi Siena of the Italian league, according to HoopMarket. The disc problem in his back is slowing his movement, and if you can’t move you can’t play anywhere. He didn’t play well for the Spurs at the end of last season and now he has been let go in Italy.
At this age, you’d like to think with the right treatment and rest he’ll be able to make a comeback somewhere. He is continuing his recovery in Siena and is hopeful that the team will re-sign him once he is healthy.
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 5
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25