Aug 30, 2010, 10:37 AM EST
Malik Hairston has gone from the San Antonio Spurs to unemployed because of his back problems.
Just 23, Hairston was just let go Montepaschi Siena of the Italian league, according to HoopMarket. The disc problem in his back is slowing his movement, and if you can’t move you can’t play anywhere. He didn’t play well for the Spurs at the end of last season and now he has been let go in Italy.
At this age, you’d like to think with the right treatment and rest he’ll be able to make a comeback somewhere. He is continuing his recovery in Siena and is hopeful that the team will re-sign him once he is healthy.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20