Aug 30, 2010, 10:37 AM EST
Malik Hairston has gone from the San Antonio Spurs to unemployed because of his back problems.
Just 23, Hairston was just let go Montepaschi Siena of the Italian league, according to HoopMarket. The disc problem in his back is slowing his movement, and if you can’t move you can’t play anywhere. He didn’t play well for the Spurs at the end of last season and now he has been let go in Italy.
At this age, you’d like to think with the right treatment and rest he’ll be able to make a comeback somewhere. He is continuing his recovery in Siena and is hopeful that the team will re-sign him once he is healthy.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 3
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11