Aug 30, 2010, 10:37 AM EDT
Malik Hairston has gone from the San Antonio Spurs to unemployed because of his back problems.
Just 23, Hairston was just let go Montepaschi Siena of the Italian league, according to HoopMarket. The disc problem in his back is slowing his movement, and if you can’t move you can’t play anywhere. He didn’t play well for the Spurs at the end of last season and now he has been let go in Italy.
At this age, you’d like to think with the right treatment and rest he’ll be able to make a comeback somewhere. He is continuing his recovery in Siena and is hopeful that the team will re-sign him once he is healthy.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19