Aug 30, 2010, 5:39 PM EST
Jerry Stackhouse still has some value — this is a guy who can still shoot the rock, can still get you a few points. Not like he could a decade ago when he was at the top of the league, but a night here and a night there.
So who could use someone like that? Stackhouse thinks Miami. Of course he does. But that’s what he told SLAM about waiting for his phone to ring and to see if and where he lands next season.
I’m just waiting, man. Everybody is kind of intrigued about the Miami situation and seeing if they’re trying to add another veteran to their team. If that happened, I’d be thrilled to be there. I think that would feel like Hall of Fame accreditation to have a guy like Pat Riley come and ask you to be a part of their team. If it doesn’t happen there, it doesn’t happen there and I’ll just try to do what I can somewhere else.
Is there anybody unsigned that doesn’t think they could help the Heat bench?
It’s not going to happen, the Heat now have 14 guys under contract and according to Ira Winderman De’Shaun Butler, Shavlik Randolph, Kenny Hasbrouck and Patrick Beverley all will be fighting for spot number 15. At the end of the bench, that guy is going to get no minutes. Would the once great Stackhouse really be comfortable in that situation?
Frankly, the question is moot. He almost certainly will not be taking his talents to South Beach. It’s a real log shot.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 0
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 14
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19