Aug 30, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
Jerry Stackhouse still has some value — this is a guy who can still shoot the rock, can still get you a few points. Not like he could a decade ago when he was at the top of the league, but a night here and a night there.
So who could use someone like that? Stackhouse thinks Miami. Of course he does. But that’s what he told SLAM about waiting for his phone to ring and to see if and where he lands next season.
I’m just waiting, man. Everybody is kind of intrigued about the Miami situation and seeing if they’re trying to add another veteran to their team. If that happened, I’d be thrilled to be there. I think that would feel like Hall of Fame accreditation to have a guy like Pat Riley come and ask you to be a part of their team. If it doesn’t happen there, it doesn’t happen there and I’ll just try to do what I can somewhere else.
Is there anybody unsigned that doesn’t think they could help the Heat bench?
It’s not going to happen, the Heat now have 14 guys under contract and according to Ira Winderman De’Shaun Butler, Shavlik Randolph, Kenny Hasbrouck and Patrick Beverley all will be fighting for spot number 15. At the end of the bench, that guy is going to get no minutes. Would the once great Stackhouse really be comfortable in that situation?
Frankly, the question is moot. He almost certainly will not be taking his talents to South Beach. It’s a real log shot.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38