Aug 30, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
Jerry Stackhouse still has some value — this is a guy who can still shoot the rock, can still get you a few points. Not like he could a decade ago when he was at the top of the league, but a night here and a night there.
So who could use someone like that? Stackhouse thinks Miami. Of course he does. But that’s what he told SLAM about waiting for his phone to ring and to see if and where he lands next season.
I’m just waiting, man. Everybody is kind of intrigued about the Miami situation and seeing if they’re trying to add another veteran to their team. If that happened, I’d be thrilled to be there. I think that would feel like Hall of Fame accreditation to have a guy like Pat Riley come and ask you to be a part of their team. If it doesn’t happen there, it doesn’t happen there and I’ll just try to do what I can somewhere else.
Is there anybody unsigned that doesn’t think they could help the Heat bench?
It’s not going to happen, the Heat now have 14 guys under contract and according to Ira Winderman De’Shaun Butler, Shavlik Randolph, Kenny Hasbrouck and Patrick Beverley all will be fighting for spot number 15. At the end of the bench, that guy is going to get no minutes. Would the once great Stackhouse really be comfortable in that situation?
Frankly, the question is moot. He almost certainly will not be taking his talents to South Beach. It’s a real log shot.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 10
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 17
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 13
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP